A Jinxed Blondes tips to Delay Distractions
Most of my families and friends will agree with this statement,
“I am a little / majorly jinxed when it comes to flying.”
From 3 hour delays, missing connecting flights, to flights being cancelled… I am totally jinxed, however this has proven a great lesson in patience (still don’t have much), having solutions (not many due to it being out of my hands), and finally distraction!! This Is the major one.
Instead of getting angry, annoyed, anxious I have found the best thing to do is distract yourself;
- Heads up – Get this downloaded on your phone right now, great idea to get more people involved or whoever your travelling with. (also makes 3 hours go sooo fast)
- Books, read them
- Diaries, write them
- Sketch books, fill them, use them! Sketches of people, paper games, lists, be creative!
- Shops! – Okay not the best when you have no money left, but make a game out of going round the shops with others you are with to find the cheapest food ever, or the weirdest item on a budget
- Make friends – I had a delayed flight from Vienna this year and 2 hours flewwwww by from making friends with a couple sat opposite me, ended up meeting them for drinks back in England actually! 😊 #aawwwdelayfriends
- Call home – Not to give in on the fact I probably should never travel again due to my bad luck, but actually ringing a parent, friend or sibling etc makes it go so much faster and a good catchup about the trip you’ve just been on
- Cards – Always travel with a pack of cards not just for delays but also for those nights when you want to chill on your travels and make friends.
- Lastly perspective – okay your flight was delayed but there is always away of getting home, just think about the fact you’ve been able to head off on holiday instead of the fact you cant get home, and this in the larger scheme of things is A First World problem!
Soon enough you will be wanting delays ….or maybe not!